The School of Architecture has a long tradition of excellent teaching in architectural design and urban planning. Chalmers Architecture also has a leading position in applied research in architecture and planning, and in particular when linking those with sustainable development. Compared to other schools of architecture we emphasize:
- A foundation in a humanistic, “Nordic” perspective on architecture and planning
- A focus on everyday life in housing, workspace, public building and urban environments
- An integrated mix of courses and design studios
- Design projects anchored in reality, and developed through close and active contacts with clients and users
- Design studios rooted in experience-based learning and transdisciplinary knowledge production
- Intense interaction between students and teachers with direct tutorship by teachers and invited experts
DTU Management Engineering is a relatively new departmant, dealing with planning, innovation and management both in private industry, public companies and authorities. The Urban Management group at DTU MAN is involved in a number of large research projects concerning the transition of the built environment towards sustainability. The group is running a number of courses using the most recent research results. The courses at master level are all taught in English and are followed by many international students. The learning processes are problem based, authentic and experimenting.